something to honk about
You didn’t ask for it, but I’m giving it to you anyway. That’s why I call it unsolicited advice.
How to properly post a web link in the comments section of a WordPress blog
Use html to turn a messy web address into a nice, neat link. You don’t even need to remember how to write out the html code yourself.
1. Go to your WordPress dashboard and open a New Post. (Use a new tab on your browser to do this, leaving open the site you are commenting on.)
2. If you are in Visual editing mode, switch to Text editing.
3. Type in the word or words that describe your link.
The Honking Goose Facebook Page
4. Highlight the text and click the “link” button. Copy and Paste the website address into the pop up that appears. (Use another new tab on your browser to grab the address.)
5. Now highlight all the text, including the html code you have just added. Copy and Paste that into your comment.
I invite you to practice this method by posting a web link in the comments section of this post. Properly linked text which leads to your blog or social media site will stay in the comments. Errors and mistakes I will delete. (Links which lead to a site you are not affiliated with will also be deleted.)
Was this tutorial helpful to you?